Saturday, October 16, 2010

Spider-Man + Calvin & Hobbes = Awesomeness!


















Anybody that knows me should know that two of my favorite things in the whole wide world are Spider-Man & Calvin & Hobbes. Here, in this fantastic display by Mark Pelligrini and Timothy Lim, they managed to combine the two in a masterful - dare I say classic - display of awesomess. Thanks to both of them for this!!! Click here for a larger version.

It'd be even more funny if it weren't describing and summarizing actual storylines that our friendly neighborhood wall-crawler has been through in the past few years. It's pretty awkward.

Yep - Spider-Man has dealt with clones (far too often.)

It's true - Aunt May (or a genetically-altered actress) has managed to be "killed" several times.

As much as it pains me to say this - Spider-Man did sell his & MJ's marriage to the devil.

Pardon me while I throw up - but yes, Satan did "magically" erase everybody's memories after Spider-Man revealed his identity during the events of Marvel's Civil War - in exchange for the previously mentioned marriage.

I'm embarrassed to even acknowledge it.

What I will acknowledge is this cartoon strip's absolute brilliance and hilarity!

It's still awkward but hilarious. Seriously, the fact it summarizes (and satirizes) events in such a clever fashion actually makes it more funny. This is the best thing I've seen on the net in a while and I just had to share it with you all. Hopefully you enjoy! Any comments on this epic bit display of artwork, feel free to share once you're done laughing. I haven't been able to wipe the smile off of my face yet. Just too awesome for words. Until next time, excelsior!!!

P.S. - This post was written while listening to the song Spider-Man, track eight (8) off of Spiderman: Rock Reflections of a Superhero, a musical re-telling of the events surrounding Peter Parker's transformation into Spider-Man and the events following, complete with a few catchy numbers, a few eye-rolling numbers and some narration by the one and only Stan Lee! It has to be heard to be believed! The back cover alone is worth the price of purchase. Yes, ladies and gentleman, that is Captain America, playing the tambourine. I must have this!

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP